I finally finished Peyton's scarf. It's crochet, no pattern, I just made some circles and sewed them all together. I put 2 buttons on it and left the center of one circle loose for the button hole ( normally I wouldn't use buttons for a lil one but she is really great about buttons). She can wear the scarf 2 ways, one way (below) is with a single row around the neck making it longer.The second is double wrapped around the neck for extra warmth ( her mom likes the buttons to keep it on).
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Yesterday was Alex's Birthday, she really likes Fruit Baskets ( a Japanese young adult book series) and wanted a character called Kyo for her cake topper. She found a chibi pic (chibi is when you make a character into a smaller cute version) for me to use as a base. So I started by covering the original artwork with a piece of plastic saran wrap. I decided to use semi-sweet chocolate as the outline.I poured the melted chocolate into a sandwich bag and cut the smallest hole I could in the corner.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Day 3 and I still have had no pop!!! Yay!! Usually I can't get past day 2. I was pretty crabby all day today, but I managed to behave myself after 5 o'clock. The bad thing is all I drink during a normal day is pop, so it will take some getting used to. I did have a big sugar breakdown tonight, poor Zeb (my boyfriend) had to run to the store to get the goodies. But I am determined to get through this. This week I have my daughters birthday party to plan, that should keep me busy.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
I would love to share 20 facts about myself. If you have any of them in common let me know!!
1. I love Bruce Campbell (yes...I love my boyfriend too, but Bruce will always have a special place in my heart)!
2. I love the dragonfly, any dragonfly, anything to do with the dragonfly!!!!!
3. Clutch is my fave band in the world!!! I guess they would fall in the catagory of southern rock, maybe, but I doubt it.
4. I love pointy toed shoes, don't know why. I used to hate them but have definately become quite fond of them.
5. I recently quit my job, after a falling out with my boss who had become my closest friend, I still feeling pretty low about this but it was for the best. I found there were sides to her that I could not respect, but I will always regret that things happened the way they did.
6. I love scary movies!! All of them, no matter how cheesy!
7. I love to cook, but I hate the clean up, I often dream of a world where dishes washed themselves.
8. I have ADHD, which just does not do for a creative person, I get tons of great ideas with no ambition to follow through, I am working on this.
9. I have 2 girls, they are my world.
10. I love Red Vine licorice, in second place would have been Delfa Rolls, otherwise known as Danish Ribbons, they no longer make them but Broadway makes a simillar roll.I bought a whole box once on Ebay, they were pretty good, but still not the same.
11. I love Trivia.
12. I have the best boyfriend in the world ( I know your probibly saying " that can't be, I have the best boyfriend/ husband" but I am afraid you would be wrong, lol, jk).
13. I have 2 cats, they drive me nuts!!
14. One of my closest friends is my kids step-mom, (and no I did not know her before my ex and I split). She is my best ally when it comes to my kids.
15. I love reading others blogs more then I like posting my own, lol.
16. I am heavily addicted to gummy bears (oh the shame....)
17. I used to be part of the rave scene, lots of good times, lots of bad times.
18. I love self-help books, and DIY books. Really I love all books.
19. I hate shopping, but I love browsing.
20. I take a sick pleasure in paying other people compliments, I can't help myself.
Well that's about it, a lil about me.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
I have decided to start a blog. Not only to share thoughts and ideas but to inspire myself to start living the life I have always wanted to live. Hopefully I will find time to post more than once a month!!! I love to create, I am a huge fan of dollhouse miniatures, ooak dolls, and custom art pieces. I also dabble in photography, cooking, and crochet!!!! I get so many inspirations from other blogs and hope to one day return the favor!!! Thanks!!