Sunday, December 12, 2010
I am doing a mostly home-made Christmas and have been inspired to make some hair clips for my girls. I started with a crochet trim (I got the trim pattern from Leisure Arts: Crochet Embellishments by Jean Leinhauser). It was an easy and fast pattern to whip up.I then rolled it up and sewed it to keep it together.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
I finally finished Peyton's scarf. It's crochet, no pattern, I just made some circles and sewed them all together. I put 2 buttons on it and left the center of one circle loose for the button hole ( normally I wouldn't use buttons for a lil one but she is really great about buttons). She can wear the scarf 2 ways, one way (below) is with a single row around the neck making it longer.The second is double wrapped around the neck for extra warmth ( her mom likes the buttons to keep it on).
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Yesterday was Alex's Birthday, she really likes Fruit Baskets ( a Japanese young adult book series) and wanted a character called Kyo for her cake topper. She found a chibi pic (chibi is when you make a character into a smaller cute version) for me to use as a base. So I started by covering the original artwork with a piece of plastic saran wrap. I decided to use semi-sweet chocolate as the outline.I poured the melted chocolate into a sandwich bag and cut the smallest hole I could in the corner.
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Day 3 and I still have had no pop!!! Yay!! Usually I can't get past day 2. I was pretty crabby all day today, but I managed to behave myself after 5 o'clock. The bad thing is all I drink during a normal day is pop, so it will take some getting used to. I did have a big sugar breakdown tonight, poor Zeb (my boyfriend) had to run to the store to get the goodies. But I am determined to get through this. This week I have my daughters birthday party to plan, that should keep me busy.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
I would love to share 20 facts about myself. If you have any of them in common let me know!!
1. I love Bruce Campbell (yes...I love my boyfriend too, but Bruce will always have a special place in my heart)!
2. I love the dragonfly, any dragonfly, anything to do with the dragonfly!!!!!
3. Clutch is my fave band in the world!!! I guess they would fall in the catagory of southern rock, maybe, but I doubt it.
4. I love pointy toed shoes, don't know why. I used to hate them but have definately become quite fond of them.
5. I recently quit my job, after a falling out with my boss who had become my closest friend, I still feeling pretty low about this but it was for the best. I found there were sides to her that I could not respect, but I will always regret that things happened the way they did.
6. I love scary movies!! All of them, no matter how cheesy!
7. I love to cook, but I hate the clean up, I often dream of a world where dishes washed themselves.
8. I have ADHD, which just does not do for a creative person, I get tons of great ideas with no ambition to follow through, I am working on this.
9. I have 2 girls, they are my world.
10. I love Red Vine licorice, in second place would have been Delfa Rolls, otherwise known as Danish Ribbons, they no longer make them but Broadway makes a simillar roll.I bought a whole box once on Ebay, they were pretty good, but still not the same.
11. I love Trivia.
12. I have the best boyfriend in the world ( I know your probibly saying " that can't be, I have the best boyfriend/ husband" but I am afraid you would be wrong, lol, jk).
13. I have 2 cats, they drive me nuts!!
14. One of my closest friends is my kids step-mom, (and no I did not know her before my ex and I split). She is my best ally when it comes to my kids.
15. I love reading others blogs more then I like posting my own, lol.
16. I am heavily addicted to gummy bears (oh the shame....)
17. I used to be part of the rave scene, lots of good times, lots of bad times.
18. I love self-help books, and DIY books. Really I love all books.
19. I hate shopping, but I love browsing.
20. I take a sick pleasure in paying other people compliments, I can't help myself.
Well that's about it, a lil about me.
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
Wednesday, November 3, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
I have decided to start a blog. Not only to share thoughts and ideas but to inspire myself to start living the life I have always wanted to live. Hopefully I will find time to post more than once a month!!! I love to create, I am a huge fan of dollhouse miniatures, ooak dolls, and custom art pieces. I also dabble in photography, cooking, and crochet!!!! I get so many inspirations from other blogs and hope to one day return the favor!!! Thanks!!