Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How Black Mold has Effected my Life!!!

Last July 2009 I finally bought a house ( I was smitten at first sight). I had everything going for me, I had been with my work for 7 years as a security guard and was now promoted to the office making $20.00 an hour. I went to classes and recieved my C.O.S and A.H.M in housing management and became office manager at a HUD building for seniors, I loved my job, my boss, my co-workers, and my tenants. Life was good. Then around October 2009 I started to come apart, I started to have panic attacks at work, my weight sky-rocketed, my blood pressure was through the roof, and I was going through a severe depression. I didn't know what was wrong with me, I was put on anti-depressents and my ADHD medication had to be raised to 90 mg a day (30mg is supposed to be the limit). Then I broke out in a severe rash on my chest that would not go away,I began to sleep whenever I was at home and refused to leave my house except to go to work. I was miserable, I hated my life, wanted to die and couldn't for the life of me understand what had went wrong. I thought at first that maybe I was deep down unhappy in my relationship so I broke up with my boyfriend, he moved out, I still felt the same, we got back together (thank god). I told him several times that I hated the house and wanted to burn it down ( I realize this sounds crazy but at the time I honestly felt that way). Finally I decided maybe it was my job, I figured it had to be the stress of the job, that maybe I couldn't handle it after all ( I know now that I was great at that job, too late), by this time it was June 2010. I quit my job, it did not go well to say the least. 3 weeks later I found black mold in the basement, my boyfriend cleaned it up, my rash went away in the following week, and within the month I was feeling back to normal. But my life has not returned to normal, now I get to try to find another job in this tough economy, and it is not going well. I was really great at my job, my boss told me the month before I quit that I was the best assistant she had ever had, but there is no going back, too much hurt and anger on both sides. Grrrrrrr.....black mold is no fun...I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. On a good note I love my house again ( now if I can find a job before I loose it, lol) and I am doing great on no pop (see earlier post), it's been a week now and I am not craving it anymore. Life can only get better from this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment