Sunday, November 28, 2010

Birthday Cake Time!!

Yesterday was Alex's Birthday, she really likes Fruit Baskets ( a Japanese young adult book series) and wanted a character called Kyo for her cake topper. She found a chibi pic (chibi is when you make a character into a smaller cute version) for me to use as a base. So I started by covering the original artwork with a piece of plastic saran wrap. I decided to use semi-sweet chocolate as the outline.
 I poured the melted chocolate into a sandwich bag and cut the smallest hole I could in the corner.
 I then drew an outline of the character in chocolate. I then used colored white chocolate to fill in the rest.
 I used plain white chocolate to cover the back as a stabalizer since white chocolate hardens faster then darker chocolate. I also made some orange dots for the cake.
 And here is the finished cake. My daughter was very happy with it!!
She had a great time!!
 And recieved her fave series from me!! She has been watching it all day!!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that you could recreate an image like you did. Great work!

    ReplyDelete